View : 31 Download: 0
Gas Sorption Properties of Isostructural Co-MOFs Containing Dipyridylporphyrin Linkers with Different Substituents at the 10,20-meso-Positions
- Gas Sorption Properties of Isostructural Co-MOFs Containing Dipyridylporphyrin Linkers with Different Substituents at the 10,20-meso-Positions
- Choi I.-H.; Chae S.H.; Huh S.; Lee S.J.; Kim S.-J.; Kim Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 김성진; 김영미
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김성진; 김영미
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry
- vol. 2015, no. 18, pp. 2989 - 2995
- Carbon dioxide; Cobalt; Gas sorption; Metal-organic frameworks; Porphyrins
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Two new isostructural 3D dipyridylporphyrin-based MOFs, [Co(DpyDClP)]<inf>6</inf>·18H<inf>2</inf>O (I) and [Co(DpyDCNP)]<inf>6</inf>·18H<inf>2</inf>O (II), were prepared and structurally characterized by X-ray crystallography [DpyDClP: 5,15-di(4-pyridyl)-10,20-di(4-chlorophenyl)porphyrin; DpyDCNP: 5,15-di(4-pyridyl)-10,20-di(4-cyanophenyl)porphyrin]. They display exactly the same framework structures, notwithstanding different substituents at the 10,20-meso-positions of the dipyridylporphyrin backbones. Both substituents, -Cl for I and -CN for II, are completely exposed to the open space of solvent-free I and II. Therefore, the two MOFs have the same framework structures with distinct pore functionalities. Solvent-free I and II have solvent-accessible void volumes of 17.3 and 14.9%, respectively. The thermal properties of I and II are very similar, but the gas sorption properties strongly depend on the pore dimensions and functionalities. Compound I has a higher uptake of CO<inf>2</inf> compared with that of II due to its larger void volume. Particularly, CO<inf>2</inf> sorption isotherms at 196 K indicate dramatically different patterns depending on the meso-substituents. Whereas I shows S-shape isotherms for CO<inf>2</inf> adsorption/desorption at 196 K, II does not. The sorption of N<inf>2</inf>, H<inf>2</inf>, and CH<inf>4</inf> by the two MOFs was also investigated. © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.