View : 97 Download: 0
Prediction of high thermoelectric potential in AMN<inf>2</inf> layered nitrides: Electronic structure, phonons, and anharmonic effects
- Prediction of high thermoelectric potential in AMN<inf>2</inf> layered nitrides: Electronic structure, phonons, and anharmonic effects
- Al Orabi R.A.R.; Orisakwe E.; Wee D.; Fontaine B.; Gautier R.; Halet J.-F.; Fornari M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Materials Chemistry A
- Journal of Materials Chemistry A vol. 3, no. 18, pp. 9945 - 9954
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Band structures, electronic transport coefficients, harmonic and anharmonic vibrational properties of novel layered nitrides have been studied to evaluate the potential for thermoelectric applications. Using first principles theoretical methods we predict that AMN<inf>2</inf> compounds with A = Ca, Sr, and Ba, and M = Ti, Zr, Hf may exhibit Seebeck coefficients in excess of 150 μV K-1 and good electrical conductivities. The phonon dispersions indicate the presence of low lying optic modes that can lead to low thermal conductivity. The analysis of the mode resolved Grüneisen parameter points to large anharmonicity. In addition, we show that the A-site substitution controls the degeneracies at the top of the valence band and the anisotropy of the Seebeck tensors. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2015.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.