View : 110 Download: 0
Sexual behavior and awareness on STD in the elderly
- Sexual behavior and awareness on STD in the elderly
- Park H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Adult Nursing
- vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 83 - 94
- SCOPUS; KCI
- The purpose of the study was to examine the sexual behavior and awareness of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) among the elderly. Methods: Subjects were 599 elderly living in a metropolitan area who completed a structured questionnaire. Data collection was from September 6, 2011 to January 17, 2012. The data were analyzed by using percentage and X2-test. Results: Approximately 25% of the subjects reported a sexual life. Age, gender, education, family type, presence and health of spouse, health state of the subject, past occupation, dwelling pattern, and economic state made statistically significant difference in sexual behavior. Fifty five percent of the respondents reported no knowledge of STD. Factors such as age, gender, education, presence of spouse, and past occupation were statistically significant in terms of awareness of STD. Conclusion: Age, education, and presence of spouse should be factored in to understand the sexuality of the elderly as well as to develop sexuality counseling programs that provide adequate information for each individual. © 2013 Korean Society of Adult Nursing.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.