View : 68 Download: 0
P-ARQ: Controllable PLL ARQ method for wireless low power communication
- P-ARQ: Controllable PLL ARQ method for wireless low power communication
- Hwang H.; Lee J.; Hong Y.-J.; Bae C.; Kim N.M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- 2013 IEEE 10th Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, CCNC 2013
- To minimize the power consumption of a wireless radio module, a cross layer optimization is essential. The energy consumption behavior heavily depends on the wireless medium access control (MAC) protocol, which controls the activity and the operating mode of wireless radio modules. The largest proportion of power in wireless radio module is consumed in the radio frequency (RF) analog. As the power consumption in the RF/Analog gets smaller, the power consumption of the phase-locked loop (PLL) in RF/Analog gets higher. In this paper, we propose a Controllable PLL (CPLL) and a controllable PLL automatic repeat request (P-ARQ) method. The CPLL is a new concept of PLL having activation and deactivation controllability. The proposed P-ARQ along with CPLL can conserve energy by reducing the number of PLL operations and extending the time to stay in the low power status of the CPLL. Simulation results show that the P-ARQ decreases the energy consumption by 18-32% in various transmission rates and channel environments. © 2013 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.