View : 66 Download: 0
Prediction of depression among elderly with mild cognitive impairment living in the community
- Prediction of depression among elderly with mild cognitive impairment living in the community
- Shin K.R.; Kang Y.; Kim M.; Jung D.; Lee E.
- Ewha Authors
- 신경림; 강윤희; 정덕유; 김미영
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 신경림; 강윤희; 정덕유; 김미영
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Adult Nursing
- vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 171 - 182
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Purpose: This study aimed to identify depression and its predictors among Korean community-dwelling elderly with mild cognitive impairment. Methods: Secondary data analyses of the data collected by the "Study on tailored integration program for reinforcing cognitive and physical function of the frail elderly. The study used data from one-to-one interviews using structured questionnaires. The subjects were 346 community-dwelling elderly who visited a healthcare center in Seoul, Korea. A descriptive correlational study design was utilized to explore depression and its predictors including physical factors and psychosocial factors among the elderly with mild cognitive impairment. Data were analyzed using t-test, Pearson's correlation, and hierarchical regression. Results: Mean score of depression was within normal limit 11.61±6.69. Somatic symptoms, negative life events (severity), social support were shown as significant predictors of depression. The most influential predictor for depression was somatic symptoms (ß=.340, p<.001). Conclusion: To prevent and relieve depression in the elderly with mild cognitive impairment, nursing intervention strategies which consider well-balanced physical and psychosocial aspects are needed. In particular, a specific nursing intervention strategy is required to improve physical health of the elderly with mild cognitive impairment. © 2012 Korean Society of Adult Nursing.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.