View : 15 Download: 0
Influence of surface modification on thermoelectric properties of Bi 2Te 3 nanowires
- Influence of surface modification on thermoelectric properties of Bi 2Te 3 nanowires
- Kim H.-Y.; Han M.-K.; Kim S.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- 2011 IEEE Nanotechnology Materials and Devices Conference, NMDC 2011
- Thermoelectric material bismuth telluride (Bi 2Te 3) nanowires were synthesized by pulsed-potential deposition using Bi(NO 3) 3·5H 2O and TeO 2 in 1.0 M HNO 3 in porous anodic alumina (PAA) template. Nanowires with various surface morphologies were obtained by changing the potential between -0.2 and -0.6 V vs. SCE (sat. KCl). The more negative pulse potentials than the reduction potential observed from cyclic voltammograms (CVs) were used for nanowires growth, delay potential was used in no current region between reduction and oxidation potentials of the compound. To obtain dense, highly oriented single-crystalline nanowires, the control of the growth rate is critical. Surface roughness and crystallinity of nanowires were affected by the pulsed-potential, and the pulsed-time. The microstructures and morphologies of nanowires were investigated by powder X-ray diffraction, FE-SEM, and HR-TEM. Thermoelectric properties of both smooth and rough surfaced nanowires are under investigation. © 2011 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.