View : 24 Download: 0
Immune response to 19A serotype after immunization of 19F containing pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in Korean children aged 12-23 months
- Immune response to 19A serotype after immunization of 19F containing pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in Korean children aged 12-23 months
- Lee H.J.; Park S.E.; Kim K.H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Pediatrics
- vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 163 - 168
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to evaluate the immune response to serotype 19A in children aged 12-23 months after immunization of the 19F containing 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV7). Methods: Blood samples from a total of 45 subjects (age 12-23 months) were included in the study. Subjects were categorized according to immunization status into three groups as follows: 18 subjects with 3 primary doses and 1 booster dose of PCV7 (booster group), 21 subjects with 3 primary doses before 12 months of age (primary group), and 6 subjects with no vaccination history of PCV7 (control group). An ELISA and opsonophagocytic killing assay (OPKA) was done to evaluate the immune responses against serotypes 19F and 19A. Results: According to the ELISA, all subjects had antibody titers ≥0.35 μg/mL for serotypes 19F and 19A in the booster and primary group and 83.0% and 66.7% in the control group, respectively. According to the OPKA, subjects with opsonic activity (≥20) against serotypes 19F and 19A were 100% and 61.1% of the subjects in the booster group and 66.7% and 19.0% in the primary group, respectively. No subjects in the control group had opsonic antibodies against both serotypes. Conclusion: In conclusion, in children 12-23 months age who were previously vaccinated with PCV7, a cross-reactive immune response is elicited against serotype 19A after a primary series of 3 doses in a small proportion of subjects, and this response is amplified after booster vaccination. © 2011 by The Korean Pediatric Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.