View : 260 Download: 214
3-Deoxysappanchalcone inhibits tumor necrosis factor-α-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in human keratinocytes through activated protein-1 inhibition and nuclear factor-kappa B DNA binding activity
- 3-Deoxysappanchalcone inhibits tumor necrosis factor-α-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in human keratinocytes through activated protein-1 inhibition and nuclear factor-kappa B DNA binding activity
- Youn U.J.; Nam K.-W.; Kim H.-S.; Choi G.; Jeong W.S.; Lee M.Y.; Chae S.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin
- Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 890 - 893
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α), which is a primary cytokine responsible for inflammatory responses in skin, induces the synthesis of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), which causes skin aging. The protective effects of 3-deoxysappanchalcone against TNF-α-induced damage was investigated using human skin keratinocytes. The results showed that 3-deoxysappanchalcone inhibited MMP-9 expression at the protein and mRNA level, by blocking the activation of activator protein-1 (AP-1) and nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB). Taken together, the inhibitory activity of 3-deoxysappanchalcone on MMP-9 expression and production in TNF-α-treated cells was found to be mediated by the suppression of AP-1 and NF-κB activation. © 2011 Pharmaceutical Society of Japan.
- Appears in Collections:
- 연구기관 > 약학연구소 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
3-Deoxysappanchalcone Inhibits Tumor Necrosis Factor-α-Induced Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Expression.pdf(754.8 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.