View : 17 Download: 0
A framework of hydroclimate modeling and decision support tools for sustainalbe water resources planning in a changing climate
- A framework of hydroclimate modeling and decision support tools for sustainalbe water resources planning in a changing climate
- Ryu J.; Park S.K.; Lee K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010: Challenges of Change - Proceedings of the World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2010
- Climate variability and change continue to threaten the sustainability of water resources around the world. Increasing temperature is likely to modify the timing, form, and intensity of precipitation events, which will alter regional and hydrologic cycles. Since drought, water shortages, and subsequent water conflicts may become an increasing threat in many international watersheds, sustainable water resources planning is critical to cope with climate change. In this study, the authors propose a framework of sustainable water resources planning based on coupled hydroclimate modeling and decision support tools to promote collaborative efforts against abrupt future climate change. A participatory modeling approach based on a stakeholder-driven decision support system will provide useful insights for water planners to pursue sustainable water resources under uncertain future climate. Additionally, the framework suggested by this study will facilitate multidisciplinary responses to future climate variability in the context of socioeconomic implications and policy decisions in human dimensions. © 2010 ASCE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.