View : 39 Download: 0
Differentiated resource reservation scheme with handover clearing relay for hybrid duplexing systems
- Differentiated resource reservation scheme with handover clearing relay for hybrid duplexing systems
- Yu H.-I.; Shin S.-J.; Kang H.-L.; Kim N.-M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, PIMRC
- Recently, there have been a lot of researches on hybrid duplexing (HD) to exploit advantages of both time division duplexing (TDD) and frequency division duplexing (FDD). In the next generation communication, heterogeneous cell structure in which each cell would apply proper duplexing mode independently will be raised instead of homogeneous cell structure. However, in heterogeneous cell environment, it would be difficult for handover calls to be guaranteed resource because each duplexing mode has different extent to accommodate asymmetric traffic. In this paper, we propose a differentiated resource reservation scheme to guarantee resource for mobile expected to handover, and also introduce a new handover operation using handover clearing relay to reduce essentially inefficient resource utilization due to asymmetric traffic. The computer simulations show our differentiated resource reservation scheme with handover clearing relay outperforms the conventional schemes with regards to dropping probability of handover call and resource utilization ratio. © 2008 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.