View : 45 Download: 0
Clinical evaluation of a colonoscopy simulator with improved haptics
- Clinical evaluation of a colonoscopy simulator with improved haptics
- Yi S.Y.; Woo H.S.; Ahn W.; Joo J.K.; Lee D.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IECON Proceedings (Industrial Electronics Conference)
- This paper presents a clinical evaluation of a newly-developed colonoscopy training simulator that includes a specialized haptic interface to transfer force-feedback through a long and flexible colonoscope tube. The colonoscopy simulator has a 2-DOF haptic device with folding guides, which can transfer large decoupled forces of the colonoscopy simulation to the user. Centerline-based parametric colon models are developed to compute collision detection and response in real-time. The clinical study included 22 subjects consisting of colonoscopy experts (n=3), fellows (n=4), residents (n=6), and medical school students (n=9). The study shows that the developed colonoscopy simulator can effectively improve the skills of the residents and medical school students, although no statistically significant training-effects can be established for the fellows. © 2006 IEEE.
- 1424401364; 9781424401369
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.