View : 18 Download: 0
Study on the molecular weights of radioprotective ginseng proteins by HPLC method
- Study on the molecular weights of radioprotective ginseng proteins by HPLC method
- Kim C.; Kim H.L.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Pharmacal Research
- vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 5 - 9
- Pharmaceutical Society of Korea
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Partially purified ginseng proteins were either treated with sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) and β-mercaptoethanol to denature the proteins or not, and subjected to Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) and High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) to compare the components of each fraction. Standard proteins of known molecular weights (MW) were also either treated with SDS and β-mercaptoethanol or not, and subjected to HPLC to obtain regression lines for MW determination. From the retention times obtained from samples in either case by HPLC, the MW were estimated as following. In SDS treated condition, GI fraction showed three peaks each with MW of above 100,000, 51,000 and 19,000. GII showed one original peak with MW of 21,000 and GIII, two peaks each with MW of 19,000 and 14,000. On the other hand, in non-SDS treated condition, GI fraction showed two peaks each with MW of above 200,000 and 52,000. GII showed one original peak with MW of 41,000 and GIII, three peaks each with MW of 28,000, 19,000 and 14,000. © 1986 The Pharmaceutical Society of Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.