View : 132 Download: 0
The antifungal activities of some 6-[N-(halophenyl)amino]-7-chloro-5,8-quinolinediones against Candida species
- The antifungal activities of some 6-[N-(halophenyl)amino]-7-chloro-5,8-quinolinediones against Candida species
- Ryu C.-K.; Kim D.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Pharmacal Research
- Archives of Pharmacal Research vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 483 - 486
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- A series of 6-[N-(halophenyl)amino]-7-chloro-5,8-quinolinedione derivatives 1-10 were tested for antifungal susceptibilities, in vitro, against pathogenic Candida species such as C. albicans, C. glabrata, C. krusei, C. parapsilosis and C. tropicalis. The MICs were determined by the standard macrodilution techniques, according to the NCCLS 1992 guidelines. The 6-[N-(halophenyl)amino]-7-chloro-5,8-quinolinedione derivatives showed generally potent antifungal activities against pathogenic Candida species. Among them, derivative 1, 2, 5 and 7 showed more potent antifungal activities than ketoconazole. All derivatives 1-10 had specially potent activities against C. tropicalis. Derivative 1 and 2 containing (N-3,4-dihalo-phenyl)amino moiety exhibited the potent antifungal activities. Derivative 2 with (3,4-dichlorophenyl)amino substituent was the most effective in preventing the growth of Candida species at MICs 4 μg/ml respectively. © 1994 The Pharmaceutical Society of Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.