View : 153 Download: 0
The antimicrobial activities of some 1,4-naphthalenediones (IV)
- The antimicrobial activities of some 1,4-naphthalenediones (IV)
- Ryu C.-K.; Kim D.-H.; Kim H.-J.; Chung S.-Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 유충규; 김희정
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 유충규; 김희정
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Pharmacal Research
- Archives of Pharmacal Research vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 327 - 330
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- A series of 2-chloro and 2-bromo-3-(substituted)-1,4-naphthalenedione derivatives (1-25) were tested for antifungal and antibacterial activities in vitro against Candida albicans 10231 and Local, Aspergillus niger KCTC 1231, Tricophyton mentagrophytes KCTC 6085, Fusarium oxysporium KTCC 6051, Bacillus subtilis ATCC 6633, Pseudomonas aeruginosa NCTC 10490, Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538p, Escherichia coli NIHJ and Acinetobacter baumanii Local. The MIC values were determined by the twofold agar dilution/streak method. Among these derivatives, 1, 9, 20, 21, 23 and 25 showed more potent antifungal activities than fluconazole. 20 and 23 completely inhibited the growth of fungi, such as Candida albicans, Aspergillus niger, Tricophyton mentagrophytes and Fusarium oxysporium, at 3.2 μg/ml. Also some derivatives had the antibacterial activities against Gram-positive bacteria. © 1993 The Pharmaceutical Society of Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.