View : 49 Download: 0
The antimicrobial activities of some 1,4-naphthalenediones (III)
- The antimicrobial activities of some 1,4-naphthalenediones (III)
- Ryu C.-K.; Kim D.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Archives of Pharmacal Research
- vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 161 - 163
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- In order to evaluate the antimicrobial effect of 2,3-disubstituted-1,4-naphthalenedione derivatives, we synthesized several 2-chloro, 2-bromo and 2-hydroxy-3-(substituted)-1,4-naphthalenediones (1-25). These derivatives were tested for antifungal and antibacterial activities, in vitro, against Candida albicans 10231 and local, Aspergillus niger KCTC 1231, Tricophyton mentagrophytes KCTC 6085, Bacillus subtilis ATCC 6633, Pseudomonas aeruginosa NCTC 10490, Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538p, Escherichia coli NIHJ. The MIC values were determined by the two-fold agar dilution/streak method. Among these derivatives, 4, 5 and 6 showed the potent antifungal activities. Also 5 and 6 had the antibacterial activities. 5 with (1,2,4-triazolyl)-amino moiety was the most effective in preventing the growth of fungi, such as Candida albicans, Aspergillus niger and Tricophyton mentagrophytes. © 1993 The Pharmaceutical Society of Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.