View : 144 Download: 0
Morphology control of Bi2S3 nanostructures and the formation mechanism
- Morphology control of Bi2S3 nanostructures and the formation mechanism
- Kim H.; Park J.-E.; Kim K.; Han M.-K.; Kim S.-J.; Lee W.
- Ewha Authors
- 김성진; 한미경
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김성진; 한미경
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Chinese Journal of Chemistry
- Chinese Journal of Chemistry vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 752 - 756
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Bismuthinite (Bi2S3) nanostructures were prepared by a hydrothermal method with sodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate (EDTA-Na 2). The morphology of Bi2S3 nanostructures was changed from a nanorod to a nanoplate by presence of the EDTA-Na2. The altered morphology was caused by the capping effect of EDTA-Na2 with Bi3+ ions, which induces the suboptimal growth direction due to partially blocking the preferential orientation direction. When the EDTA-Na 2/Bi3+ molar ratio=1, the growth of Bi2S 3 nanostructures was not allowed due to the chelating effect of EDTA-Na2. The obtained Bi2S3 nanorods, stacked nanorods, nanoplates and nanoparticles were characterized using X-ray diffraction (XRD), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), high-resolution transmission electron microscopy (HRTEM) and selected area electron diffraction (SAED) pattern. A possible formation mechanism of these morphologies was proposed. The successful synthesis of various morphologies of nanostructured Bi2S3 may open up new possibilities for thermoelectric, electronic and optoelectronic uses of nanodevices based on Bi2S 3 nanostructure. Copyright © 2013 SIOC, CAS, Shanghai & WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.