View : 110 Download: 59
Robust strong lensing time delay estimation
- Robust strong lensing time delay estimation
- Hojjati A.; Kim A.G.; Linder E.V.
- Ewha Authors
- Eric V. Linder
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology vol. 87, no. 12
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Strong gravitational lensing of time variable sources such as quasars and supernovae creates observable time delays between the multiple images. Time delays can provide a powerful cosmographic probe through the "time-delay distance" involving the ratio of lens, source, and lens-source distances. However, light curves of lensed images have measurement gaps, noise, systematics such as microlensing from substructure along an image line of sight, and no a priori functional model, making robust time-delay estimation challenging. Using Gaussian process techniques, we demonstrate success in accurate blind reconstruction of time delays and reduction in uncertainties for real data. © 2013 American Physical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
Robust strong lensing time delay estimation.pdf(363.87 kB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.