View : 12 Download: 0
Excitation-wavelength-dependent, ultrafast photoinduced electron transfer in bisferrocene/BF2-chelated-azadipyrromethene/fullerene tetrads
- Excitation-wavelength-dependent, ultrafast photoinduced electron transfer in bisferrocene/BF2-chelated-azadipyrromethene/fullerene tetrads
- Bandi V.; El-Khouly M.E.; Ohkubo K.; Nesterov V.N.; Zandler M.E.; Fukuzumi S.; D'Souza F.
- Ewha Authors
- Shunichi Fukuzumi
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Shunichi Fukuzumi
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Chemistry - A European Journal
- vol. 19, no. 22, pp. 7221 - 7230
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Donor-acceptor distance, orientation, and photoexcitation wavelength are key factors in governing the efficiency and mechanism of electron-transfer reactions both in natural and synthetic systems. Although distance and orientation effects have been successfully demonstrated in simple donor-acceptor dyads, revealing excitation-wavelength-dependent photochemical properties demands multimodular, photosynthetic-reaction-center model compounds. Here, we successfully demonstrate donor- acceptor excitation-wavelength-dependent, ultrafast charge separation and charge recombination in newly synthesized, novel tetrads featuring bisferrocene, BF2-chelated azadipyrromethene, and fullerene entities. The tetrads synthesized using multistep synthetic procedure revealed characteristic optical, redox, and photo reactivities of the individual components and featured "closely" and "distantly" positioned donor-acceptor systems. The near-IR-emitting BF2-chelated azadipyrromethene acted as a photosensitizing electron acceptor along with fullerene, while the ferrocene entities acted as electron donors. Both tetrads revealed excitation-wavelength-dependent, photoinduced, electron-transfer events as probed by femtosecond transient absorption spectroscopy. That is, formation of the Fc+-ADP-C60 .- charge-separated state upon C60 excitation, and Fc+-ADP.--C 60 formation upon ADP excitation is demonstrated. Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.