View : 13 Download: 0
BPS vortices, Q-balls, and Q-vortices in N = 6 Chern-Simons matter theory
- BPS vortices, Q-balls, and Q-vortices in N = 6 Chern-Simons matter theory
- Go G.; Kim C.; Kim Y.; Kwon O.-K.; Nakajima H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of High Energy Physics
- vol. 2013, no. 2, pp. 1 - 34
- We investigate the vortex-type BPS equations in the ABJM theory without and with mass-deformation. We systematically classify the BPS equations in terms of the number of supersymmetry and the R-symmetries of the undeformed and mass-deformed ABJM theories. For the undeformed case, we analyze the N = 2 BPS equations for U(2)xU(2) gauge symmetry and obtain a coupled differential equation which can be reduced to either Liouville- or Sinh-Gordon-type vortex equations according to the choice of scalar functions. For the mass-deformed case with U(N)×U(N) gauge symmetry, we obtain some number of pairs of coupled differential equations from the N = 1, 2 BPS equations, which can be reduced to the vortex equations in Maxwell-Higgs theory or Chern-Simons matter theories as special cases. We discuss the solutions. In N = 3 vortex equations Chern-Simons-type vortex equation is not allowed. We also show that N = 5/2, 3/2, 1,2 BPS equations are equivalent to those with higher integer supersymmetries. © 2013 SISSA.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.