View : 60 Download: 0
A simplified homology-model builder toward highly protein-like structures: An inspection of restraining potentials
- A simplified homology-model builder toward highly protein-like structures: An inspection of restraining potentials
- Kim T.-R.; Oh S.; Yang J.S.; Lee S.; Shin S.; Lee J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Computational Chemistry
- vol. 33, no. 24, pp. 1927 - 1935
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- A homology model builder using simple restraining potentials based on spline-interpolated quadratic functions is developed and interfaced with CHARMM package. The continuity and stability of the potential function were validated, and the parameters were optimized using the CASP7 targets. The performance of the model builder was benchmarked to the Modeller program using the template-based modeling targets in CASP9. The benchmark results show that, while our builder yields the structures with slightly lower packing, backbone, and template modeling scores, our models show much better protein-like scores in terms of normalized discrete optimized protein energy, dipolar distance-scaled finite-ideal gas reference, Molprobity clash, Ramachandran appearance Z-score, and rotamer Z-score. As our model builder is interfaced with CHARMM, it is advantageous to directly use other CHARMM functionality and energy functions to refine the model structures or to use the models for other computational studies using CHARMM. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.