View : 19 Download: 0
Crystalline ordered states of CuIn 1-xGa xSe 2 (x = 0, 0.3, and 1.0) thin-films on different substrates investigated by Raman scattering spectroscopy
- Crystalline ordered states of CuIn 1-xGa xSe 2 (x = 0, 0.3, and 1.0) thin-films on different substrates investigated by Raman scattering spectroscopy
- Jeong A.R.; Jo W.; Song M.; Yoon S.
- Ewha Authors
- 조윌렴; 윤석현
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 조윌렴; 윤석현
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Materials Chemistry and Physics
- vol. 134, no. 41308, pp. 1030 - 1035
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Structural properties of Cu(In,Ga)Se 2 absorber layers have been examined for photovoltaic applications. Thin-films with three different chemical compositions, CuInSe 2 (CIS), Cu(In,Ga)Se 2 (CIGS) and CuGaSe 2 (CGS), were grown by co-evaporation on two kinds of substrates: Mo-coated soda-lime glass and bare soda-lime glass. Intriguing morphology and grain-growth behaviors were found in the surface of the films. X-ray diffraction of the films exhibited phase formation of the stoichiometric chalcopyrite phase of the materials while signs of secondary phases like Cu 2Se and Cu-Se 2 were also observed. The optical transmittance of the films was measured to obtain their optical bandgaps, which were well matched with the bulk values of CIS, CIGS, and CGS, which are 1.1, 1.4, and 1.7 eV, respectively. Using Raman scattering spectroscopy, the A 1 mode was observed to shift from 177 cm -1 for CIS to 189 cm -1 for CGS as the Ga content increased. The films on Mo substrates are likely to have secondary phases, which is not the case for soda-lime glass. An indication of the formation of the CuAu structure is obtained from the CIS thin-films. © 2012 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.