View : 84 Download: 0
Decoupling the artificial special pair to slow down the rate of singlet energy transfer
- Decoupling the artificial special pair to slow down the rate of singlet energy transfer
- Harvey P.D.; Langlois A.; Filatov M.; Fortin D.; Ohkubo K.; Fukuzumi S.; Guilard R.
- Ewha Authors
- Shunichi Fukuzumi
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Shunichi Fukuzumi
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines
- Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines vol. 16, no. 41400, pp. 685 - 694
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Trimer 2, composed of a cofacial heterobismacrocycle, octamethyl-porphyrin zinc(II) and bisarylporphyrin zinc(II) held by an anthracenyl spacer, and a flanking acceptor, bisarylporphyrin free-base (Ar = -3,5-(tBu) 2C 6H 3), has been studied by means of absorption spectroscopy, "steady state and time-resolved fluorescence" and fs transient absorption spectroscopy, and density functional theory (DFT) in order to assess the effect of decoupling the chromophores' low energy MOs on the rate of the singlet, S 1, energy transfer, k ET, compared to a recently reported work on a heavily coupled trimeric system, Trimer 1, [biphenylenebis(n-nonyl)porphyrin zinc(II)]-bisarylporphyrin free-base (Ar = -3,5-(tBu) 2C 6H 3). The position of the 00 peaks of the absorption and fluorescence spectra of Trimer 2 indicates that these porphyrin units are respectively energy donor 1, donor 2, and acceptor. The DFT computations confirm that the MOs of the cofacial donor 1-donor 2 dyad are decoupled, but significant MO coupling between donor 2 and acceptor 1 is still present despite the strong dihedral angle between their respective average planes (77.5°: geometry optimization by DFT). The fs transient absorption spectra exhibit a clear S 1-S n fingerprint of the bisarylporphyrin zinc(II) chromophore and the kinetic trace exhibits a slow rise time of 87 ps, due to a S 1 donor 1 → donor 2 ET. The transient species donor 2 and acceptor decay respectively in the short (∼1.5) ns and 6 ns time scale. © 2012 World Scientific Publishing Company.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.