View : 19 Download: 0
FGF-2 inhibits TNF-α mediated apoptosis through upregulation of Bcl2-A1 and Bcl-xL in ATDC5 cells
- FGF-2 inhibits TNF-α mediated apoptosis through upregulation of Bcl2-A1 and Bcl-xL in ATDC5 cells
- Kim H.-R.; Heo Y.-M.; Jeong K.-I.; Kim Y.-M.; Jang H.L.; Lee K.-Y.; Yeo C.-Y.; Kim S.H.; Lee H.-K.; Kim S.-R.; Kim E.-G.; Choi J.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- BMB Reports
- vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 287 - 292
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- FGF-2 is involved in cell survival, proliferation, apoptosis, and angiogenesis in a wide variety of cells. FRGRs, PI3K and MAP kinases are well known mediators of FGF signaling. Despite its known roles during many developmental processes, including osteogenesis, there are few known targets of FGF-2. In the present study, we identified Bcl2-A1 and Bcl-xL as two prominent targets involved in promoting cell survival. Pretreatment of ATDC5 cells with FGF-2 increased cell survival, while siRNAs specific for Bcl2-A1 and Bcl-xL compromised the anti-apoptotic effect of FGF-2, sensitized the cells to apoptosis triggered by TNF-α. Chemical inhibition of FGFR, NFkB, and PI3K activity by PD173074, pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate, and LY294002 respectively abrogated the FGF-2-mediated induction of Bcl2-A1 and Bcl-xL expression. Taken together, our data demonstrate that a subset of Bcl2 family proteins are the targets of FGF-2 signaling that promotes the survival of ATDC5 cells. © 2012 by the The Korean Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.