View : 183 Download: 0
Risk factors related to hazardous alcohol consumption among Korean men with hypertension
- Risk factors related to hazardous alcohol consumption among Korean men with hypertension
- Kim O.; Kim B.H.; Jeon H.O.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- Nursing and Health Sciences vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 204 - 212
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- The present study examines the alcohol consumption behaviors and risk factors related to hazardous alcohol consumption in men with hypertension in South Korea. The participants were 490 Korean hypertensive men >20years of age. The Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test was used to detect hazardous alcohol consumption. The majority of the participants were current drinkers, and 37.4% were hazardous drinkers. However, very few participants had received consultation about alcohol consumption. Of the participants, 37.7% were current smokers, and almost half of them smoked more than one pack of cigarettes daily. The hazardous drinkers smoked much more than the normal drinkers, and their stress levels were higher than that of normal drinkers. Participants aged 40-49 and 50-59years (odds ratio=7.91, 95% confidence interval=1.50-41.70; odds ratio=7.57, 95% confidence interval=1.31-43.70), those without stroke (odds ratio=4.86, 95% confidence interval=1.33-17.77), and current smokers (odds ratio=4.24, 95% confidence interval=2.00-8.98) were more likely to be involved in hazardous alcohol consumption. Successful blood pressure management will necessitate the education of such hypertensive men with consideration of their risk factors. © 2012 Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 간호대학 > 간호학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.