View : 61 Download: 0
A 15 GHz, -182 dBc/Hz/mW FOM, rotary traveling wave VCO in 90 nm CMOS
- A 15 GHz, -182 dBc/Hz/mW FOM, rotary traveling wave VCO in 90 nm CMOS
- Zhang C.; Wang Z.; Zhao Y.; Park S.M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters
- vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 206 - 208
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- This letter presents a phase-noise-centric design methodology of a rotary traveling wave voltage controlled oscillator (RTW VCO). Based upon this methodology, a 15 GHz multiphase RTW VCO is realized in a standard 90 nm CMOS process. Particularly, shielded coplanar striplines are exploited to provide better shielding protection and higher characteristic impedance (Z O) with comparable Q-factor than conventional coupled transmission lines. Measured results of the proposed RTW VCO demonstrates the frequency tuning range of 2 GHz, the output power level of - 11.3 dBm, the phase noise of -109.6 dBc/Hz at 1 MHz offset, the clock RMS jitter of 2 p s RMS, and the power dissipation of 12 mW from a single 1.2-V supply. The chip core occupies the area of 0.2 mm 2. © 2012 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.