View : 23 Download: 0
Construction of quasi-cyclic self-dual codes
- Construction of quasi-cyclic self-dual codes
- Han S.; Kim J.-L.; Lee H.; Lee Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 이혜숙; 이윤진
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이혜숙; 이윤진
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Finite Fields and their Applications
- vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 613 - 633
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- There is a one-to-one correspondence between ℓ-quasi-cyclic codes over a finite field F q and linear codes over a ring R=F q[Y]/(Y m-1). Using this correspondence, we prove that every ℓ-quasi-cyclic self-dual code of length mℓ over a finite field F q can be obtained by the building-up construction, provided that char(F q)=2 or q=1(mod4), m is a prime p, and q is a primitive element of F p. We determine possible weight enumerators of a binary ℓ-quasi-cyclic self-dual code of length pℓ (with p a prime) in terms of divisibility by p. We improve the result of Bonnecaze et al. (2003)  by constructing new binary cubic (i.e., ℓ-quasi-cyclic codes of length 3ℓ) optimal self-dual codes of lengths 30,36,42,48 (Type I), 54 and 66. We also find quasi-cyclic optimal self-dual codes of lengths 40, 50, and 60. When m=5, we obtain a new 8-quasi-cyclic self-dual [40,20,12] code over F 3 and a new 6-quasi-cyclic self-dual [30,15,10] code over F 4. When m=7, we find a new 4-quasi-cyclic self-dual [28,14,9] code over F 4 and a new 6-quasi-cyclic self-dual [42,21,12] code over F 4. © 2011 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 수학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.