View : 36 Download: 0
Lead-free thermoelectrics: High figure of merit in p-type AgSn mSbTe m+2
- Lead-free thermoelectrics: High figure of merit in p-type AgSn mSbTe m+2
- Han M.-K.; Androulakis J.; Kim S.-J.; Kanatzidis M.G.
- Ewha Authors
- 김성진; 한미경
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김성진; 한미경
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Advanced Energy Materials
- Advanced Energy Materials vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 157 - 161
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Thermoelectric materials based on Pb-free compositions are of considerable current interest in environmentally friendly power-generation applications derived from waste-heat sources. Here, a new study of the thermoelectric properties of the tin-based compositions with the general formula AgSn mSbTe m+2 (m = 2, 4, 5, 7, 10, 14, 18) is presented, where the m value is used as the tuning parameter of the thermoelectric properties. The electrical conductivity, Seebeck coefficient, and thermal conductivity are measured from 300 K to 723 K and the resulting thermoelectric figure of merit is determined as a function of the SnTe/AgSbTe 2 ratio. A thermoelectric figure of merit ZT ≈1 is obtained at 710 K for m = 4, indicating that the system AgSn mSbTe m+2 holds great promise as an alternative p-type, lead-free, thermoelectric material. © 2012 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.