View : 88 Download: 0
Carbon-supported palladium sub-nanometer particle catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction in acid media
- Carbon-supported palladium sub-nanometer particle catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction in acid media
- Shim J.H.; Jung H.J.; Lee Y.; Lee C.
- Ewha Authors
- 이종목; 이영미; 심준호
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이종목; 이영미
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan
- Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan vol. 84, no. 11, pp. 1276 - 1282
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Pd nanoparticles (Pd NPs) on a carbon support (Pd/C) were synthesized in ethylene glycol containing poly(1-vinyl- 2-pyrrolidone) (PVP) at various PVP/Pd precursor ratios. The sizes of the Pd NPs were controlled by varying the PVP concentration. Smaller Pd NPs were obtained at higher PVP concentrations. Indeed, the mean sizes of the Pd NPs with PVP/Pd precursor ratios of 0, 40, and 80 (Pd/C-0, -40, and -80) were 2.8 (±1.2), 1.5 (±0.3), and 0.8 (±0.3) nm, respectively, by TEM analysis. The electrocatalytic activities of the Pd/C catalysts toward the oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) were examined in a 0.1M HClO4 solution using rotating disk electrode voltammetry. The smaller Pd NPs exhibited more efficient ORR properties, such as a more positive ORR onset potential (or half-wave potential, E1/2) and increased number of electrons (n) transferred in the ORR. In particular, the Pd/C-80 catalyst with a lower metal content (7.9 wt% Pd) showed desirable ORR performance in terms of the onset potential, n value, mass activity, and methanol tolerance. © 2011 The Chemical Society of Japan.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.