View : 31 Download: 0
Bis- and tris-naphthoimidazolium derivatives for the fluorescent recognition of ATP and GTP in 100% aqueous solution
- Bis- and tris-naphthoimidazolium derivatives for the fluorescent recognition of ATP and GTP in 100% aqueous solution
- Xu Z.; Song N.R.; Moon J.H.; Lee J.Y.; Yoon J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry
- vol. 9, no. 24, pp. 8340 - 8345
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Naphthoimidazolium groups can form unique ionic hydrogen bonds with anions as imidazolium moieties, and in addition, they are fluorescent, so no further elaborative synthesis is needed to introduce a fluorescent group. In this paper, three naphthoimidazolium derivatives were synthesized and studied for the recognition of nucleotides. Compound 1 composed of a single naphthoimidazolium group and quaternary ammonium group did not show any significant fluorescent changes with various anions and nucleotides, such as ATP, GTP, CTP, TTP, UTP, ADP and AMP. A tripodal compound 3 bearing three naphthoimidazolium groups and three quaternary ammonium groups, respectively, showed large fluorescence enhancements with UTP, CTP and TTP and moderate fluorescence enhancements with ATP and pyrophosphate and a fluorescence quenching effect with GTP. On the other hand, compound 2 bearing two naphthoimidazolium groups and two quaternary ammonium groups displayed a selective fluorescence enhancement with ATP and a selective fluorescence quenching effect with GTP in 100% aqueous solution. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2011.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.