View : 21 Download: 0
Raman scattering studies of hexagonal rare-earth RMnO3 (R = Tb, Dy, Ho, Er) thin films
- Raman scattering studies of hexagonal rare-earth RMnO3 (R = Tb, Dy, Ho, Er) thin films
- Hien N.T.M.; Oh S.-Y.; Chen X.-B.; Lee D.; Jang S.-Y.; Noh T.W.; Yang I.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Raman Spectroscopy
- vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 1774 - 1779
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We have studied the rare-earth (R) dependence of the phonon and magnon scattering in hexagonal RMnO3 (R = Tb, Dy, Ho, Er) thin films using Raman scattering spectroscopy. We found, as the ionic radius of R decreases from Tb to Er, the phonons shift to higher energies. Our results indicate that both the lattice constants a and c of hexagonal RMnO3 would decrease when the ionic radius of R decreases, and the lattice constant c would have a weaker R dependence. The magnons also shift to higher energies when the radius of the R ion decreases, and they show faster upshift than the phonons. In addition, the Néel temperature also shows a systematic increasing behavior when the radius of the R ion decreases. The dependence of the rare-earth R on the magnons and the Néel temperature can be explained by the rapid increase of the spin-exchange integral when the Mn-Mn distance decreases. © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.