View : 177 Download: 88
A direct algorithm for ultrasound imaging of internal corrosion
- A direct algorithm for ultrasound imaging of internal corrosion
- Ammari H.; Kang H.; Kim E.; Lim M.; Louati K.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis
- SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 1177 - 1193
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- We develop a direct (noniterative) algorithm to address the inverse problem of identifying a collection of disjoint internal corrosive parts of small Hausdorff measures in pipelines from exterior ultrasound boundary measurements. The method is based on an asymptotic expansion of the effect of the corrosion in terms of the size of the corrosive parts. We numerically test the validity of the asymptotic formula at high frequencies. We also propose a simple procedure to remove high-frequency instabilities in our inversion procedure. We illustrate our main findings with a variety of computational examples. © 2011 Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Appears in Collections:
- 연구기관 > 수리과학연구소 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
a direct algorithm.pdf(8.99 MB)
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.