View : 14 Download: 0
Synthesis and characterization of novel thermo-responsive F68 block copolymers with cell-adhesive RGD peptide
- Synthesis and characterization of novel thermo-responsive F68 block copolymers with cell-adhesive RGD peptide
- Cha M.-H.; Choi J.; Choi B.G.; Park K.; Kim I.H.; Jeong B.; Han D.K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Colloid and Interface Science
- vol. 360, no. 1, pp. 78 - 85
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Thermosensitive poly(ethylene oxide)-poly(propylene oxide)-poly(ethylene oxide) (PEO-PPO-PEO) triblock copolymer, Pluronic F68, containing a hydrophobic unit, oligo-(lactic acid)(oligo-LA) or oligo-caprolactone (oligo-CL), 2-META and RGD as side groups was successfully synthesized and characterized by 1H NMR, FTIR, and elemental analysis. Their aqueous solution displayed special gel-sol-gel phase transition behavior with increasing temperature from 10 to 70°C, when the polymer concentration was above critical micelle concentration (CMC). The gel-sol phase diagram was investigated using tube inversion method, rheological measurement, and dynamic light scattering. Based on these results, the gelation properties of modified F68 were affected by several factors such as the composition of the substituents, chain length of oligo l-LA or oligo -CL, and the concentration of the polymer solutions. The unique phase transition behavior with temperature was observed by modified F68 triblock copolymer, composed of the PPO blocks core and the PEO blocks shell in aqueous solution. This phenomenon was elucidated using 1H NMR data; the alteration of hydrophobic interaction and chain mobility led to the formation of transparent gel, coexistence of gel-sol, and opaque gel. These hydrogels may be useful in drug delivery and tissue engineering. © 2011 Elsevier Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.