View : 17 Download: 0
Non-platinum oxygen reduction electrocatalysts based on carbon-supported metal-polythiophene composites
- Non-platinum oxygen reduction electrocatalysts based on carbon-supported metal-polythiophene composites
- Han S.J.; Jung H.J.; Shim J.H.; Kim H.-C.; Sung S.-J.; Yoo B.; Lee D.H.; Lee C.; Lee Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 이종목; 이영미
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이종목; 이영미
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry
- vol. 655, no. 1, pp. 39 - 44
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- A series of carbon-supported metal-polythiophene composite (M-PTh/C) electrocatalysts are synthesized based on seven different non-Pt metals (M = Ir, Ru, Pd, Co, Fe, Ni, Sn) using chemical polymerization method. The electrocatalytic activity toward the oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) is characterized in acidic condition using rotating disk electrode voltammetry. Ir-, Ru-, and Pd-PTh/C show far more positive (ca. 700 mV) ORR onset potentials than Co-, Fe-, Ni-, and Sn-PTh/C. Further studies on the ORR kinetics are carried out for the three superior catalysts, Ir-, Ru-, Pd-PTh/C, using Koutecky-Levich and Tafel plots. The number of electrons (n) transferred in the ORR is ∼4 for these three catalysts, suggesting 4-electron transfer ORR is dominant. Considering all the obtained factors (such as the onset potential, n value, and exchange current density), Ir- and Ru-PTh/C catalysts are concluded to have relatively excellent ORR catalytic activity. © 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.