View : 16 Download: 0
Comparison of fermented soybean paste (Doenjang) prepared by different methods based on profiling of volatile compounds
- Comparison of fermented soybean paste (Doenjang) prepared by different methods based on profiling of volatile compounds
- Jo Y.-J.; Cho I.H.; Song C.K.; Shin H.W.; Kim Y.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Food Science
- vol. 76, no. 3, pp. C368 - C379
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- In this study, 2 different extraction methods, namely solvent-assisted flavor evaporation (SAFE) and solid-phase microextraction (SPME), were employed to investigate the comprehensive volatile profile ofDoenjang(one of Korean fermented soybean pastes) efficiently. Quantitatively, major volatiles ofDoenjangisolated by SAFE were 3-methylbutanoic acid, butanoic acid, 3-hydroxy-2-methyl-4H-pyran-4-one (maltol), ethyl 2-methylbutanoate, 2-methylpropanoic acid, tetramethylpyrazine, and 4-ethyl-2-methoxyphenol, while ethanol, ethenylbenzene, ethyl benzoate, ethyl linoleate, ethyl acetate, ethyl butanoate, tetramethylpyrazine, and ethyl 2-methylpropanoate extracted by SPME. In addition, volatile profiling that applied principal component analysis to gas chromatography-mass spectrometry datasets allowedDoenjangsamples that had been prepared using different traditional and commercial methods to be discriminated, and the volatile compounds that contributed to their discrimination were assigned. The major volatiles that were related to differentiation of traditional and commercialDoenjangsamples were 2-pentylfuran, 4-ethylphenol, dihydro-5-methyl-2(3H)-furanone, butanoic acid, pyrazines (for example, 2-ethyl-5-methylpyrazine and 2,3-dimethylpyrazine), esters (for example, ethyl 4-methylpentanoate and diethyl succinate), maltol, dimethyl disulfide, 2- and 3-methylbutanal, hexanal, 4-vinylphenol, and ethanol. © 2011 Institute of Food Technologists®.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.