View : 15 Download: 0
Recent progresses in the study of nonmesonic weak decay of λ hypernuclei
- Recent progresses in the study of nonmesonic weak decay of λ hypernuclei
- Bhang H.; Ajimura S.; Aoki K.; Banu A.; Fukuda T.; Hashimoto O.; Hwang J.I.; Kameoka S.; Kang B.H.; Kim E.; Kim J.H.; Kim M.; Maruta T.; Miura Y.; Miyake Y.; Nagae T.; Nakamura M.; Nakamura S.N.; Noumi H.; Okada S.; Okayasu Y.; Outa H.; Park H.; Saha P.K.; Sato Y.; Sekimoto M.; Shin S.; Takahashi T.; Tamura H.; Tanida K.; Toyota A.; Tsukata K.; Watanabe T.; Yim H.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Modern Physics E
- vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 2558 - 2565
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Fundamental interest on Non Mesonic Weak Decay (NMWD) is that it provides practically the only means to study the elementary S = 1 baryon-baryon weak interaction process, ΛN→NN (Λp → np and Λn → nn), since it is difficult to be realized in the free space. Thanks to the recent developments in experimental and theoretical studies, the relative strength of two channels, the Γn/Γp ratios whose experimental and theoretical values have showed a long standing discrepancy have been converged to ∼ 0.5 and the discrepancy problem finally has been solved.13 However, despite the progresses, the decay interaction of NMWD is not yet well established and there remain the important issues such as the discrepancy of asymmetry parameter between experimental and theoretical values, confirmation of 3-body NMWD process, and whether the I = 1/2 rule for S = 1 decay would hold or not in NMWD. Especially the recent experimental indication of the 3-body decay process ΛNN→NNN whose contribution was predicted to be significant in the theoretical calculations seems to be strong and showed a surprisingly large contribution in the quenching of singles and coincidence nucleon yields in NMWD. Recent results of the asymmetry parameter αnm of NMWD showed small values for both s-shell Λ5 He and p-shell Λ12C and consistent with each other. However, the discrepancy of the theoretical values from those of experimental ones remains to be understood. It now becomes one of the urgent issues in NMWD study to determine the contribution of the 3-body NMWD channel experimentally, in order to understand the discrepancy of the asymmetry papameter, and to test the I = 1/2 rule for NMWD which are the main purposes of J-PARC 50 GeV PS experiment, E18 and E22. © 2010 World Scientific Publishing Company.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.