View : 166 Download: 78
MiRGator v2.0 : An integrated system for functional investigation of microRNAs
- MiRGator v2.0 : An integrated system for functional investigation of microRNAs
- Cho S.; Jun Y.; Lee S.; Choi H.-S.; Jung S.; Jang Y.; Park C.; Kim S.; Kim W.
- Ewha Authors
- 이상혁; 김완규
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이상혁; 김완규
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Nucleic Acids Research
- Nucleic Acids Research vol. 39, no. SUPPL. 1, pp. D158 - D162
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- MiRGator is an integrated database of microRNA (miRNA)-associated gene expression, target prediction, disease association and genomic annotation, which aims to facilitate functional investigation of miRNAs. The recent version of miRGator v2.0 contains information about (i) human miRNA expression profiles under various experimental conditions, (ii) paired expression profiles of both mRNAs and miRNAs, (iii) gene expression profiles under miRNA-perturbation (e.g. miRNA knockout and overexpression), (iv) known/predicted miRNA targets and (v) miRNA-disease associations. In total, >8000 miRNA expression profiles, ̃300 miRNA-perturbed gene expression profiles and ̃2000 mRNA expression profiles are compiled with manually curated annotations on disease, tissue type and perturbation. By integrating these data sets, a series of novel associations (miRNA-miRNA, miRNA-disease and miRNA-target) is extracted via shared features. For example, differentially expressed genes (DEGs) after miRNA knockout were systematically compared against miRNA targets. Likewise, differentially expressed miRNAs (DEmiRs) were compared with disease-associated miRNAs. Additionally, miRNA expression and disease-phenotype profiles revealed miRNA pairs whose expression was regulated in parallel in various experimental and disease conditions. Complex associations are readily accessible using an interactive network visualization interface. The miRGator v2.0 serves as a reference database to investigate miRNA expression and function (http://miRGator.kobic.re.kr). © The Author(s) 2010.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.