View : 13 Download: 0
Variant Philadelphia chromosome identified by interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) without evidence on G-banded karyotyping and metaphase FISH
- Variant Philadelphia chromosome identified by interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) without evidence on G-banded karyotyping and metaphase FISH
- Kim M.K.; Mun Y.C.; Seong C.M.; Chung W.S.; Huh J.
- Ewha Authors
- 정화순; 성주명; 허정원; 문영철
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 정화순; 성주명; 허정원; 문영철
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Laboratory Medicine
- vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 711 - 717
- A variant Philadelphia chromosome (Ph) is generated from translocation of one or more partner chromosomes in addition to chromosomes 9 and 22. We have described the cases of 2 patients bearing variant Ph detected by interphase FISH but not detected by G-banded karyotyping and metaphase FISH. FISH was performed using BCR/ABL dual color dual fusion translocation probes (Abbott Molecular, USA). A 52-year-old man was diagnosed with acute leukemia of mixed phenotype. G-banded karyotyping showed 46, XY, t(9; 22)(q34; q11.2)/47, idem,+der(22)t(9; 22)/46, XY. Interphase FISH revealed nuc ish(ABL1, BCR) × 3(ABL1 con BCR × 2)[329/450]/(ABL1, BCR) × 4(ABL1 con BCR × 3)[5/450]/(AL1, BCR) × 3(ABL1 con BCR × 1)[44/450]. Metaphase FISH showed ish (9; 22)(ABL1+, BCR1+; BCR+, ABL+)/der(22)(BCR+, ABL1+). The other case was that of a 31-yr-old male patient diagnosed with CML in the blastic phase. G-banded karyotyping of all 20 metaphase cells showed 47, XYYc, dup(1)(q21q32), del(7)(p11.2), t(9; 22)(q34; q11.2). Interphase FISH revealed nuc ish(ABL1, BCR) × 3(ABL1 con BCR × 2)[254/600]/(ABL1, BCR) × 3(ABL1 con BCR × 1)[191/600]. Metaphase FISH showed ish t(9; 22)(ABL1+, BCR+; BCR+, ABL1+). These results suggest that typical t(9; 22) and variant Ph may coexist in the same patient, and interphase FISH may facilitate the detection of the variant Ph that cannot be detected by G-banded karyotyping alone. © The Korean Society for Laboratory Medicine.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.