View : 23 Download: 0
Impacts of glutathione maillard reaction products on sensory characteristics and consumer acceptability of beef soup
- Impacts of glutathione maillard reaction products on sensory characteristics and consumer acceptability of beef soup
- Hong J.H.; Jung D.W.; Kim Y.S.; Lee S.M.; Kim K.O.
- Ewha Authors
- 김광옥; 김영석; 홍재희; 이상미
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김광옥; 김영석; 이상미
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Food Science
- vol. 75, no. 8, pp. S427 - S434
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The sensory characteristics and consumer acceptability of beef soup with added glutathione Maillard reaction products (GMRPs) were investigated to examine the effects of the GMRPs on beef-soup flavor compared to soups made with glutathione (GSH) and monosodium glutamate (MSG), a control (CON), or a control soup made with 150% beef content (CON150). The sensory characteristics of the beef soups were examined by descriptive analysis. The overall acceptabilities of the beef soups were rated by consumers. Principal component analysis was performed on descriptive data as explanatory variables with overall acceptability as a supplementary variable to observe the relationships between the descriptive data and consumer acceptability, as well as the relationships between the beef-soup samples and their sensory attributes. The samples containing GMRPs had "beef flavor" that was stronger than the CON and MSG samples, and comparable to that of the GSH sample and CON150. The GMRP samples had stronger "green onion flavor," "garlic flavor," and "boiled egg white flavor" than the other samples. The beef soup containing MSG was preferred to CON, CON150, and GSH. The samples with GMRPs were least favored because of their pronounced metallic and astringent notes. The results of this study imply the feasibility of GMRPs as a flavor enhancer since the soups containing these compounds showed more complex flavor profiles than GSH. However, future studies are required to optimize the MR conditions that produce GMRPs without undesirable characteristics. © 2010 Institute of Food Technologists®.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.