View : 15 Download: 0
Temperature-dependent Raman scattering study of multiferroic MnWO4
- Temperature-dependent Raman scattering study of multiferroic MnWO4
- Hoang L.H.; Hien N.T.M.; Choi W.S.; Lee Y.S.; Taniguchi K.; Arima T.; Yoon S.; Chena X.B.; Yang I.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 양인상; 윤석현; Xiang Bai Chen
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 양인상; 윤석현
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Raman Spectroscopy
- vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1005 - 1010
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We have measured polarized Raman spectra of MnWO4 single crystals at low temperatures, and studied the temperature dependence of the various phonon modes. From our Raman studies of the MnWO4, a new transition temperature, ~180 K, was found. We have completely assigned the symmetries of the 18 observed Raman modes of the MnWO4, as expected from a group theoretical analysis. These Raman modes have been classified into three groups according to weak, intermediate and strong temperature dependence of the modes in each group. Six internal modes have been identified by their weak temperature dependence of the Raman wavenumbers. The temperature dependence of the wavenumbers of the Bg modes in Mg-O bonds, modes of intermediate temperature dependence group, shows an anomalous behavior under 50 K. The phonon modes of strong temperature dependence show an anomalous change at ~180 K in the linewidths. This is believed to be a new transition temperature which involves the changes in the inter-WO6 octahedra structure. © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.