View : 34 Download: 0
Raman scattering studies of the magnetic ordering in hexagonal HoMno3 thin films
- Raman scattering studies of the magnetic ordering in hexagonal HoMno3 thin films
- Hien N.T.M.; Chen X.-B.; Hoang L.H.; Lee D.; Jang S.-Y.; Nohc T.W.; Yanga I.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 양인상; Xiang Bai Chen
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Raman Spectroscopy
- vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 983 - 988
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- We present the results of the temperature dependence of the Raman spectra of hexagonal HoMnO3 thin films in the 13-300 K temperature range. The films were grown on Pt(111)//Al2O3 (0001) substrates using the laser ablation method. In the HoMnO3 thin films, we initially observed several broad Raman peaks at~510, 760, 955, 1120, and 1410 cm-1. These broad Raman peaks display an anomalous behavior near the magnetic transition temperature, and the intensity difference of the Raman spectra at different temperatures shows several pairs of negative and positive peaks as the temperature is lowered below the Néel temperature. Our analyses indicate that all the broad peaks are correlated with magnetic ordering, and we have assigned the origin of all the broad peaks. Purely on the basis of the Raman analysis, we have deduced the Néel temperature and the spin exchange integrals of HoMnO3 thin films. We also investigated the effects of the growth condition on the strongest broad peak at~760 cm-1,which is related with pure magnetic ordering. This result indicates that the oxygen defect in the HoMnO3 sample has negligible effect on magnetic ordering. © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.