View : 155 Download: 0
Efficient olefin epoxidation by robust re4 cluster-supported MnIII complexes with peracids: Evidence of simultaneous operation of multiple active oxidant species, Mnv=O, MnIV=O, and MnIII-OOC(O)R
- Efficient olefin epoxidation by robust re4 cluster-supported MnIII complexes with peracids: Evidence of simultaneous operation of multiple active oxidant species, Mnv=O, MnIV=O, and MnIII-OOC(O)R
- Lee S.H.; Xu L.; Park B.K.; Mironov Y.V.; Kim S.H.; Song Y.J.; Kim C.; Kim Y.; Kim S.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- 김성진; 김영미
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김성진; 김영미
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Chemistry - A European Journal
- Chemistry - A European Journal vol. 16, no. 15, pp. 4678 - 4685
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Two new tetranuclear chalcocyanide cluster complexes, [(Mn(SaloPh)H 2O}4Re4Q4(CN)12] ·4CH3OH· 8 H2O (saloph = N,N'-o-phenylenebis-(salicylidenaminato), Q=Se (1-Se), Te (2-Te)), have been synthesized by the diffusion of a methanolic solution of [PPh4] 4[Re4Q4(CN)12] into a methanolic solution of [Mn(saloph)]+. The structure of 2-Te has been determined by X-ray crystallography. These rhenium cluster-supported [Mn III(saloph)] complexes have been found to efficiently catalyze a wide range of olefin epoxidations under mild experimental conditions in the presence of meta-chloroperbenzoic acid (mCPBA). Olefin epoxidation by these catalysts is proposed to involve the multiple active oxidants MnV=O, Mn IV=O, and MnIIIOOC(O)R. Evidence in support of this interpretation has been derived from reactivity and Hammett studies, H 2 18Oexchange experiments, and the use of peroxyphenylacetic acid as a mechanistic probe. Moreover, it has been observed that the participation of MnV= O, MnIV=O, and Mn III-OOC(O)R can be controlled by changing the substrate concentration. This mechanism provides the greatest congruity with related oxidation reactions that employ certain Mn complexes as catalysts. © 2010 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.