View : 68 Download: 0
Comparison of volatile Maillard reaction products from tagatose and other reducing sugars with amino acids
- Comparison of volatile Maillard reaction products from tagatose and other reducing sugars with amino acids
- Cho I.H.; Lee S.; Jun H.-R.; Roh H.-J.; Kim Y.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Food Science and Biotechnology
- vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 431 - 438
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- In this study, in order to investigate the effects of tagatose on the Maillard reaction, volatile Maillard reaction products (V-MRPs) produced from aqueous model systems containing various reducing sugars (glucose, galactose, fructose, and tagatose) and amino acids (glycine, valine, leucine, asparagine, and cysteine) were analyzed and then compared. Furans, furan derivatives, pyrazines, and some sulfur-containing heterocyclic compounds, such as thiazoles, thiophenes, and thiols, were mainly identified. The amounts of furans and furan derivatives were higher in the model systems of ketoses (fructose or tagatose) with amino acids than those of aldoses (glucose or galactose) with amino acids. In particular, 2-acetylfuran was detected 2-20 times more in the V-MRPs of tagatose as compared to those produced from the other reducing sugars. Also, 2- acetylpyrrole, one of nitrogen-containing heterocyclic compounds, was more abundant from the thermal reactions of tagatose-glycine and tagatose-valine compared to those of other reducing sugars-amino acids. More 2-acetylthiazole and thiophenes were found in tagatose-cysteine model system than in those of glucose with cysteine. © KoSFoST and Springer 2010.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 식품공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.