View : 12 Download: 0
Roles of arrest-defective protein 1225 and hypoxia-inducible factor 1α in tumor growth and metastasis
- Roles of arrest-defective protein 1225 and hypoxia-inducible factor 1α in tumor growth and metastasis
- Lee M.-N.; Lee S.-N.; Kim S.-H.; Kim B.; Jung B.-K.; Seo J.H.; Park J.-H.; Choi J.-H.; Yim S.H.; Lee M.-R.; Park J.-G.; Yoo J.-Y.; Kim J.H.; Lee S.-T.; Kim H.-M.; Ryeom S.; Kim K.-W.; Oh G.T.
- Ewha Authors
- 오구택; 이미니
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 오구택; 이미니
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the National Cancer Institute
- vol. 102, no. 6, pp. 426 - 442
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Background Vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGFA), a critical mediator of tumor angiogenesis, is a well-characterized target of hypoxia-inducible factor 1 (HIF-1). Murine arrest-defective protein 1A (mARD1A225) acetylates HIF-1α, triggering its degradation, and thus may play a role in decreased expression of VEGFA.Methods We generated ApcMin/+/mARD1A225 transgenic mice and quantified growth of intestinal polyps. Human gastric MKN74 and murine melanoma B16F10 cells overexpressing mARD1A225 were injected into mice, and tumor growth and metastasis were measured. VEGFA expression and microvessel density in tumors were assessed using immunohistochemistry. To evaluate the role of mARD1A 225 acetylation of Lys532 in HIF-1α, we injected B16F10-mARD1A225 cell lines stably expressing mutant HIF-1α/K532R into mice and measured metastasis. All statistical tests were two-sided, and P values less than. 05 were considered statistically significant.Results ApcMin/+/mARD1A225 transgenic mice (n = 25) had statistically significantly fewer intestinal polyps than Apc Min/+ mice (n = 21) (number of intestinal polyps per mouse: Apc Min/+ mice vs ApcMin/+/mARD1A225 transgenic mice, mean = 83.4 vs 38.0 polyps, difference = 45.4 polyps, 95% confidence interval [CI] = 41.8 to 48.6; P <. 001). The growth and metastases of transplanted tumors were also statistically significantly reduced in mice injected with mARD1A225-overexpressing cells than in mice injected with control cells (P <. 01). Moreover, overexpression of mARD1A 225 decreased VEGFA expression and microvessel density in tumor xenografts (P <. 04) and ApcMin/+ intestinal polyps (P =. 001). Mutation of lysine 532 of HIF-1α in B16F10-mARD1A225 cells prevented HIF-1α degradation and inhibited the antimetastatic effect of mARD1A225 (P <. 001).Conclusion mARD1A225 may be a novel upstream target that blocks VEGFA expression and tumor-related angiogenesis.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.