View : 13 Download: 0
Enhanced FK506 production in Streptomyces clavuligerus CKD1119 by engineering the supply of methylmalonyl-CoA precursor
- Enhanced FK506 production in Streptomyces clavuligerus CKD1119 by engineering the supply of methylmalonyl-CoA precursor
- Mo S.; Ban Y.-H.; Park J.W.; Yoo Y.J.; Yoon Y.J.
- Ewha Authors
- 윤여준; 박제원
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology
- vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 1473 - 1482
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- FK506 is a 23-membered polyketide macrolide with immunosuppressant activity produced by Streptomyces species. The production of FK506 in S. clavuligerus CKD1119 (KCTC 10561BP) was improved by enhancing the supply of biosynthetic precursors. This improvement was approximately 2.5-fold (15 mg/l) with the supplementation of 10 mM methyl oleate, which is the probable source of acyl-CoAs, to R2YE medium. When the level of FK506 production reached its maximum, the intracellular concentration of methylmalonyl-CoA in S. clavuligerus CKD1119 supplemented with methyl oleate was 12.5-fold higher than that of the unsupplemented strain, suggesting that an increased methylmalonyl-CoA level caused the high-level production of FK506. The following three pathways for the production of (2S)-methylmalonyl-CoA were evaluated to identify the effective precursor supply pathway that can support the high production of FK506 in S. clavuligerus CKD1119: propionyl-CoA carboxylase, methylmalonyl-CoA mutase (MCM), and malonyl/methylmalonyl-CoA ligase. Of the three pathways examined, the MCM pathway supported the highest levels of FK506 production. The expression of MCM in S. clavuligerus CKD1119 led to a threefold and 1.5-fold increase in the methylmalonyl-CoA pool and FK506 production, respectively. Supplementing the culture broth of S. clavuligerus CKD1119 expressing MCM with methyl oleate resulted in an additional twofold increase in the FK506 titer (17.8 mg/l). Overall, these results show that the methylmalonyl-CoA supply is a limiting factor for FK506 biosynthesis and that among the three pathways analyzed, the MCM pathway is the most effective precursor supply pathway supporting the highest titer of FK506 in S. clavuligerus CKD1119. © 2009 Society for Industrial Microbiology.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.