View : 14 Download: 0
Ratiometric fluorescence sensing of fluoride ions by an asymmetric bidentate receptor containing a boronic acid and imidazolium group
- Ratiometric fluorescence sensing of fluoride ions by an asymmetric bidentate receptor containing a boronic acid and imidazolium group
- Xu Z.; Kim S.K.; Han S.J.; Lee C.; Kociok-Kohn G.; James T.D.; Yoon J.
- Ewha Authors
- 이종목; 윤주영
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이종목; 윤주영
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- European Journal of Organic Chemistry
- no. 18, pp. 3058 - 3065
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The synthesis of the first examples of aoion receptors that utilize boron-fluoride interactions and (C-H) +-F∼-t:ype ionic hydrogen-bond interactions in. the binding of F ions is reported herein, o-, m-, and p-Phenylboronic acids were linked to naphthoimidazolium through a methylene group. On the basis of fluorescence and 19F NMR studies, we have confirmed that the addition of fluoride to a boron center occurs prior to the formation of (C-H) +-F∼-type ionic hydrogen bond with the imidazolium moiety. More importantly, these investigations have demonstrated that only the receptor bearing the oriho-directed. boron and imidazolium. exhibits enhanced fluoride binding. The increased binding ability of the asymmetric bidentate receptor of ortho-boronic acid, and imidazolium towards F - enables it to sense fluoride ions in a 95:5 CH 3CN/HEPES aqueous solution. The fluorescence responses to different anions were also explored; the orfho-boron-imidazolium receptor displayed ratiometric fluorescence changes and a high selectivity towards fluoride ions over other anions (Cl -, Br -, CH 3CO2 -, HSO4 - and H 2PO4 -). © Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, 69451 Weinheim, Germany, 2009.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.