View : 120 Download: 0
Ochnaflavone, a natural biflavonoid, induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in HCT-15 human colon cancer cells
- Ochnaflavone, a natural biflavonoid, induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in HCT-15 human colon cancer cells
- Kang Y.-J.; Min H.-Y.; Hong J.-Y.; Kim Y.S.; Kang S.S.; Lee S.K.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biomolecules and Therapeutics
- Biomolecules and Therapeutics vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 282 - 287
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Ochnaflavone is a natural biflavonoid and mainly found in the caulis of Lonicera japonica (Caprifoliaceae). Biological activities such as anti-inflammatory and anti-atherogenic effects have been previously reported. The anticancer activity of ochnaflavone, however, has been poorly elucidated yet. In the present study, we investigated the effect of ochnaflavone on the growth inhibitory activity in cultured human colon cancer cell line HCT-15. Ochnaflavone inhibited the proliferation of the cancer cells with an IC50 value of 4.1 μM. Flow cytometric analysis showed that ochnaflavone arrested cell cycle progression in the G2/M phase, and induced the increase of sub-G1 peak in a concentration-dependent manner. Induction of cell cycle arrest was correlated with the modulation of the expression of cell cycle regulating proteins including cdc2 (Tyr15), cyclin A, cyclin B1 and cyclin E. The increase of sub-G1 peak by the higher concentrations of ochnaflavone (over 20 μM) was closely related to the induction of apoptosis, which was evidenced by the induction of DNA fragmentation, activation of caspase-3, -8 and -9, and cleavage of poly-(ADP-ribose) polymerase. These findings suggest that the cell cycle arrest and induction of apoptosis might be one possible mechanism of actions for the anti-proliferative activity of ochnaflavone in human colon cancer cells.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.