View : 32 Download: 0
Aminolysis of 2,4-dinitrophenyl and 3,4-dinitrophenyl benzoates: Effect of ortho-nitro group on reactivity and mechanism
- Aminolysis of 2,4-dinitrophenyl and 3,4-dinitrophenyl benzoates: Effect of ortho-nitro group on reactivity and mechanism
- Seo J.-A.; Lee H.-M.; Um I.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1915 - 1919
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Second-order rate constants (kN) have been measured spectrophotometrically for reactions of 3,4-dinitrophenyl benzoates (5b) with a series of alicyclic secondary amines in 80 mol % H2O/20 mol % DMSO at 25.0 ± 0.1°C. The kinetic data have been compared with the data reported previously for the corresponding reactions of 2,4-dinitrophenyl benzoates (5a) to investigate the effect of changing the nucleofuge from 2,4-dinitrophenoxide to 3,4-dinitrophenoxide on reactivity and mechanism. The kinetic results show that aminolyses of 5a and 5b proceed through the same mechanism, i.e., a zwitterionic tetrahedral intermediate (T±) with a change in the rate-determining step (RDS). Substrate 5a is more reactive than 5b when breakdown of T± is the RDS but less reactive when formation of T± is the RDS. Dissection of kN values into the microscopic rate constants (e.g., k1 and k 2/k-1 ratio) has revealed that 5a results in larger k 2/k-1 ratios but smaller k1 values than 5b for all the amines studied. Since 2,4-dinitrophenoxide is less basic and a better nucleofuge than 3,4-dinitrophenoxide, the larger k2/k-1 ratios determined for the reactions of 5a than for those of 5b are as expected. The steric hindrance exerted by the ortho-nitro group on 5a contributes to the smaller k1 values found for the reactions of 5a than for those of 5b.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.