View : 179 Download: 0
Image analysis of the luster of fabrics with modified cross-section fibers
- Image analysis of the luster of fabrics with modified cross-section fibers
- Shin K.I.; Kim S.H.; Kim J.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Fibers and Polymers
- vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 82 - 88
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- We have investigated the luster of modified cross-sectional fiber fabrics as one of the essential quality estimates for clothing development. We have confirmed an objective evaluation method, and have determined the experimental luster characteristics of modified cross-section fibers. The cross-section of the fibers in a fabric affects the appearance of a textile. We used the image analysis method to investigate the luster to determine the critical factors influencing the appearance of modified cross-section fiber fabrics. For similarly structured textiles in a component fabric, clear differences were observed in the fabric weave, density, percentage, and total area of blobs, which is image region. Color played a decisive role in the luster of the textiles, and luster was not significantly influenced by the modified cross-section fabric weave. In addition, the degree of luster did not increase in the order plain to twill to satin for modified cross-sectional fiber fabrics. All the split-type microfibers exhibited higher numerical luster values (percentage of pixels, and number and total area of blobs) than sea-island microfibers did. The degree of luster of the modified cross-sectional fiber fabrics was not high at specular reflection angles.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 의류산업학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.