View : 16 Download: 0
Horizontal and vertical distribution of PCBs and chlorinated pesticides in sediments from Masan Bay, Korea
- Horizontal and vertical distribution of PCBs and chlorinated pesticides in sediments from Masan Bay, Korea
- Hong S.H.; Yim U.H.; Shim W.J.; Oh J.R.; Lee I.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Marine Pollution Bulletin
- vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 244 - 253
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Horizontal and vertical distributions of organochlorine compounds (OCs) were determined in sediments from Masan Bay. The concentrations of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethanes (DDTs), HCB, hexachlorocyclohexanes (HCHs) and chlordane related compounds (CHLs) in sediments were in the range of 1.24-41.4, 0.28-89.2, 0.02-0.59, nd-1.03, and nd-2.56 ng/g, respectively. The spatial distribution of OCs showed a negative gradient from the inner of the bay to outer part of the bay, indicating that the source of OCs was probably located inside the bay. Compositional pattern of PCB congeners showed a relatively high concentration of high-chlorinated congeners in the inner part of the bay and a relatively low concentration of low-chlorinated congeners in the outer part. In sediment core from Masan Bay maximum concentrations of PCBs and DDTs are observed in the subsurface samples and correspond to an age of early 1980s and late 1960s. The concentration profiles of PCBs and DDTs in sediments of Masan Bay appear to correspond to use of PCBs and DDTs in Korea. © 2002 Published by Elsevier Science Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.