View : 58 Download: 0
Recovery of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) from high cell density culture of Ralstonia eutropha by direct addition of sodium dodecyl sulfate
- Recovery of poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) from high cell density culture of Ralstonia eutropha by direct addition of sodium dodecyl sulfate
- Kim M.; Cho K.-S.; Ryu H.W.; Lee E.G.; Chang Y.K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biotechnology Letters
- Biotechnology Letters vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 55 - 59
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- A simple and effective method for the recovery poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) [P(3HB)] directly from high cell density culture broth with no pretreatment steps has been developed. This method consists of direct addition of sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) to the culture broth, shaking, heat treatment, and washing steps. When the SDS/biomass ratio was higher than 0.4, the purity of recovered P(3HB) was over 95% for various cell concentrations of 50-300 g dry cell 1 -1, with the highest value of 97%. The recovery of P(3HB) was over 90% regardless of cell concentration and SDS dosage (SDS/biomass ratios, 0.1-0.7). One g SDS digests 0.72 g non-P(3HB) cell materials. The reduction in molecular weight, due to degradation of P(3HB) by SDS, was negligible.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 환경공학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.